Lured by cheap iron oreand lowwages, the Xiyang Group, one of the biggest mining conglomerates in China, took a significant risk by building a mine in economically backward North Korea— designing it to feed Chinese steel mills and to provide much-needed invest-ment to China’s impoverished ally. Now ...
"International Herald Tribune"
- High stakes for Airbus in getting new jet to market
- New Americans, new ideas
- A women’s No. 1 with hopes of holding her rank
- A failed deal tests China’s patience
- Insurgent emotions turned loose
- George McGovern, 90; challenged Nixon in '72
- Stocks' rise challenges a political slogan
- A rule for U.S. politicians : 'We're No.1 !'
- Digital music without a U.S. beat